Friday, February 12, 2010
GirlChild Press Accepting Manuscripts
Although we have set the publishing slate for 2010 with the anticipated release of Woman's Work: The Short Stories (the final anthology from the girls series) and our first single-author book, A Little Truth on Your Shirt, by Sonya Renee Taylor, we are already preparing for 2011.
In line with the GirlChild Press mission, we are interested in publishing the works of women and girl writers. We are especially interested in submissions from writers 21-years-old and younger, although writers of all ages are invited to submit their work.
We are currently looking for manuscripts in the following areas:
* YA Novels(with special interest in a Native American/Latina/Arab/Asian protagonist)
* Speculative Fiction
* Historical Fiction
* How to (with an emphasis on girls)
No exclusively erotica manuscripts at this time. Also no anthologies.
1. Submit the first ten (10) pages of your manuscript electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. The subject line of the email should include the title of the work, your name and the genre. Example: Black Swan submitted by Michelle Sewell - memoir.
3. A basic summary of the work should be included in the body of the email, along with your bio.
4. Also share why you believe this book should be published and who is the intended audience.
5. Please allow 3-4 weeks for reveiw. If we are interested in seeing the entire manuscript we will contact you for a hard copy.