Monday, January 11, 2010

Do you remember what you wanted to be when you were seven-years-old?

Did that dream follow you into adulthood?

When I was seven I discovered I could read an entire book (Ramona the Great). I have been in love with books and the written word ever since. I am not surprised that I run a press or that I write screenplays. But this morning it came to me that when I was little I liked reading to other people, specifically to other kids who could not read as well. I guess some where along the way words and helping others became one in the same. Do you think you can know your "calling" as early as seven?

Let us know about your little girl dreams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you can know your calling at age seven. At that time I wanted to be an artist, writer, and illustrator. While I'm don't do this full-time as an adult...these are things I still want to be and at least do when I can in my free time.

-Growing Up Girl contributer