Friday, August 14, 2009

Full Scholarship Available for Writing Workshop!


GirlChild Press has always been blessed with generous and enthusiastic supporters so I wasn't totally surprised when I opened my email inbox to find an offer to provide a full scholarship to a woman writer for the DC writing workshop on October 4, 2009.

If you or someone you know is interested in securing the scholarship all you have to do is complete a one page, double space essay on why you want to attend the workshop and what you would like to accomplish as a result of your attendance. All essays should be submitted by August 28, 2009 to girlchildpress@aol.com. We'll make a final determination by September 7, 2009.

If anyone else is interested in providing a scholarship for a woman writer please feel free to contact us at girlchildpress@aol.com

Michelle
www.girlchildpress.com

1 comment:

Yvonne (Higgins) Madden said...

Dear Michelle,
You and I have never meet but we are 3rd cousins. I attended Auntie Freda's funeral this past Saturday where I saw your mom and she filled me in on your outstanding accomplishments. I am so proud of you. I had to take this opportunity to stop by this morning to give you kudos! This avenue of expression for the female gender is amazing. Best wishes on more sponsors of scholarships for deserving young, "seasoned" and experienced women. Stay blessed "Cuz" and continue your good works.
Luv, Yvonne