Friday, December 5, 2008

From Snowy Wisconsin


Lacey Louwagie and I held down the reading at A Room of One's Own. Thanks to everyone who came through, asked questions, and took pictures:)

Besides me whining about how frickin' cold Wisconsin is (why does anyone live in this state after September?), we had a nice talk about creating a space for writers, upcoming projects and why women don't write more sci-fi.

The bookstore staff was super great. Thanks Amanda for scheduling the reading and finding me a cool new journal and a copy of Junot Diaz's Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao. If one more person tells me "you have to read this book!" Hopefully over the holidays I will be able to cuddle up with this work of genius.

Until then I am heading off to L.A for some fun and hopefully a new writing gig. Then next Friday, we wrap up this five month adventure at Charis Books in Atlanta,GA.

I look forward to seeing everyone there:)

Until Later
Michelle
www.girlchildpress.com

No comments: